Sunday, January 16, 2011

Coping

I often feel frustrated at answering the question "How are you doing?" I can tell you what I am feeling at the moment but it does little to describe the enormity of walking through loss. I have experienced the darkest corners of grief, the satisfaction of completing projects and feeling lonely in a room full of people.

Found this article that talks about the stages of grief. The author acknowledges that we can't put grief into a timeline or a framework. A friend asked me to explain what my grief was like. It's not possible. It is different every day.

I believe I have only touched on the depth of the loss. There has been so much to deal with after Laurence's death with the service, finances, paperwork and decisions. I know there is incredibly deep sadness that is below the surface that I haven't faced yet.

Mostly I would answer the question that I am coping. Some days are better than others.

No comments:

Post a Comment