Wednesday, March 16, 2011

The Answer Man

Laurence was amazing at sharing information. Clients called him for advice about money, business, retirement, relationships, raising children, caring for elderly parents, spiritual counseling and of course, he was always ready to share sports updates. He was a history buff and understood so much about world events. He always took time to listen and share what he knew.

I constantly asked his advice. Should I offer this workshop? Did you really like my newsletter? Does this jacket look OK? Should we buy this now or wait until later? What do you think I should do about ...?

I realized one day how much I missed talking with him, asking his advice, hearing his take on the news, sharing dreams about our future. I often ask myself, "What would Laurence say?" If I sit quietly in the stillness of the moment, I can hear his response to my question and his frequently asked question to me.

Who loves you baby?

No comments:

Post a Comment