Friday, July 29, 2011

OHSU

Maria and I were walking in Portland's west hills today and ended up at OHSU. We went into the hospital to use the restroom. I haven't been back since we brought Laurence home last September. I was aware of my feelings as we walked down the hall past the cafe. I was expecting to feel sadness, grief or overwhelm. Instead I felt peaceful and a sense of clarity.

As I thought about it later, I think I was feeling the clarity of purpose I had when Laurence was there. I had one purpose in life and that was to care for him and be his advocate. I had an awareness that everyone there was supporting me. There was no question for me as I woke up each day about what I was supposed to do. It was the most important work I've ever done.

We ran into Chaplain Debbie while we were there and had a chance to talk with her. I am so grateful for the care and love both Laurence and I received from everyone there. I know it was the result of all the prayers being sent our way.

I am so grateful God is so gracious.

No comments:

Post a Comment