Tuesday, May 10, 2011

The Garden

Working in the garden has always been a blessing to me. There is something about digging into the soil that renews the soul. One sunny day last week (we're not having very many of these) I ventured out to pull some weeds only to find myself having a panic attack. I was short of breath and incredibly tired after a brief time. I put my tools away and went back to my chair on the deck.

I thought about the joy Laurence and I shared in the garden. He was my muscle man and did all the heavy lifting. After his surgeries a few years ago, he couldn't give physical help but he was my inspiration, listening to my ideas and acknowledging my artistic endeavors.

I think I was feeling that loss the other day. I know I'll get back out there giving thanks for the time we shared in the garden. I'm grateful for God's blessings.

No comments:

Post a Comment